A cement board system consists of perma-board being mechanically fastened to the framing, than coated with base-coat and finish. The cement board system offers the impact resistance of the hard-coat system and the anti-cracking benefits of the EIFS system. This is currently the most used system in the residential market and is quickly finding it’s place in the commercial market as engineers become more familiar with its advantages.
On a cement board system we install:
- Plastic lath for drainage
- Perma-board with exterior, ceramic coated screws
- 4″ mesh embedded in base-coat over the joints
- Fiberglass reinforced mesh embedded in base-coat over the entire cement board
- A colored and textured finish.